Grant Applications DUE May 15, 2023
GFWC-NC Edenton Woman’s Club (EWC) is a 501 © (3) nonprofit organization supporting the growth and health of the local community and county. The Pilgrimage Tour of Historic Homes and Sites is a biannual fundraising event put on by the EWC to support Historic Preservation and Education. The EWC hosted the first Pilgrimage in 1949, since then they have raised over one million dollars towards this cause.
Pilgrimage Net proceeds are to support the preservation and restoration of historic buildings and artifacts in Edenton and Chowan County and projects that promote history through education and programming in Edenton and Chowan County.
- Completed grant applications due by May 15th (of the pilgrimage year).
- Actual awards will be determined by a vote of the membership in the November meeting with each grant request voted on separately.
- Awards will be presented to the successful applicants at the EWC General Meeting in the Fall.
Criteria for Grant Application
- Preservation and/or restoration of Historic Buildings in Edenton and Chowan County, NC to the best of their ability
- The building must be at least 100 years old
- The historic building must be a Public Building
- Projects or Programs must promote history through education in Edenton and Chowan County
Responsibilities of Grant Recipients
- Provide the committee with a timeline of the specified project
- Update EWC on the progress of the project
- Confirmation on the completed project with a visual or written article for EWC to use in promotions
Grants must be mailed or delivered to Pilgrimage Chair by May 15, 2023:
Edenton Woman’s Club
PO Box 12, Edenton, NC 27932
Carlette Pruden, Pilgrimage Chair